Your life at university is just around the corner, and whilst some of you might have already started I’ve got two whole weeks ahead of me to pack, prepare and plan my life out in the real world.
This checklist will overwhelm you with things you thought you wanted but you now need, and what’s better than going to uni, well shopping for everything you’ll need of course…
1. Bag: such as a rucksack, so that you can easily transport your books, laptop, tablet, stationary etc. from your dorm to the lectures. Not forgetting a clutch for going out, to store your phone, ID, cash and key.
2. Scarf: stay warm, you don’t want to get sick! Around this time people are more likely to catch colds, than any other season. You don’t want to be ill when all your friends are out partying and you’re stuck with a runny nose, a high temperature and a cough just because you didn’t wrap up, on that chilly Tuesday afternoon.
3. You will need clothes that are easy to thrown on, and of course clothes for going out such as tops, skirts, dresses and heels.
4. Laptop, I think is a priority, because all subjects require independent research and also typing up your lectures for revision later on.
5. Cutlery and crockery are vital when you arrive at university, as you’ll need to cook for yourself, but if you are staying in catered halls then this doesn’t apply to you!
6. You may also be interested in a portable charger for your phones and tablets, as you’ll be busy, busy, busy and you won’t always have time to juice up your phone.
7. Stationary is of course another vital piece to the puzzle, as you’ll need pens, erasers, a stapler, notebooks, scissors, pencils etc.
8. Make up, in order to cover those dark circles and blemishes and to contour, highlight and blush your beautiful face. Nevertheless, going make up free is the best feeling in the world.
9. Room decor, making your room scream you is very important, as then you’ll feel more at home then lonely. Therefore, bringing colourful sheets, different pillows, bookends or just having a colour scheme will make you feel more settled in than anything else. You can also bring photos with you and stick them on the walls, you can use ‘lalalab’ app or ‘Photobox’ to print your chosen photos for affordable prices and have all these astonishing memories surround you 24/7.
10. Apps are a great way to stay organised, socialised and safe. For example, ‘Companion’ which allows your chosen friends or family to follow you as you make your way to your designated location, it senses running and calls for help if you need it. Additionally, apps like ‘Evernote’ keep you organised with all your work at all times.
What else will you be brining? Comment down below.
I wish you all the best at university or wherever you’re headed.
Until next time xoxo